Monday 1 February 2021

 So this happened! 

A lot has transpired since I've posted last...

A major wild fire swooped through Fort Murray in 2016, it took our home, and my studio.

It took us four years to rebuild our home and put the pieces back together. In that time I've learned that I'm tougher than I thought and that I am capable of over coming some pretty challenging circumstances. I have truly recognized the importance of family and found out who my true friends are.

In 2020 Covid-19 hit...no need to get into that as we all have learned, suffered and endured through it, and still are at this point.

also in 2020.... we had a one in one hundred year flood here in Fort Murray which was two feet short of taking out my new home. My son and many friends however weren't so lucky. Many here suffered another devastating blow.

oh ya and through all of this, governments changed and oil prices dropped.

It's been a crappy run.

But...like I said I have learned a lot about myself and of others and I'm better for it. 

In the past year things have gotten better for my hubby and I, we finally feel like we can get back to enjoying life and not having to work on a major project on every one of his days off. So this past year we have enjoyed rest and relaxation, camping, sitting on our new big beautiful deck enjoying a cocktail...or two. We have started to see a new life full of joy again. 

My studio is full of art supplies and potential again, I have started creating again. Art fills my mind and joy fills my soul.

One notable thing I wanted to share is a beaded art piece I named "solstice". It will grace the cover of Northword magazine and I couldn't be happier! Beading is something I learned in the midst of all this chaos from elders in my community. I'm totally hooked and can see beading becoming a main art focus, I'm that smitten!

I may never have found this art expression if not for the things that transpired (as crappy as they were) and the new people that have come into my life because of it.

Thanks for stopping in and reading my long winded ramble. 





"solstice" 

8"x8" 

seed beads on beading foundation mounted onto moose hide.

No comments:

Post a Comment